Thursday, October 23, 2008

{twd} Pumpkin Muffins

IMG_7818

So I wasnt sure if I was going to participate in Tuesdays with Dorie this week. It was a busy week for us, I wasnt feeling well, and I wasnt sure if I was a huge pumpkin fan or not. I mean I LOVE pumpkin spice latte's.. but thats a drink - not food.

Then I started reading all the comments from other people on TWD and I was quickly convinced that I had to try them. Everyone kept raving about how amazing they were.


IMG_7794


So here I am.. throwing them together at the last second. And let me tell you, it was so worth it! They are SO good. I suppose I am a pumpkin person after all! And it turns out Freeland is too! He LOVED these. He wont even take them in his lunch because he is afraid other people will eat them all. I reminded him that I can make more, but he prefers to keep them at home.. nice & safe.

IMG_7798


The recipe called for raisins & sunflower seeds. And I feel like the muffins were actually pretty healthy the way Dorie makes them.

But, I wasnt going for healthy. So I left them out & added Chocolate Chips to mine instead. Its heavenly. I believe I ended up with 15 muffins. The recipe says to bake for 25 minutes but mine were done around 17 minutes. Oh and they were a hit as a thank you gift to one of our neighbors.
For the recipe - Click Here or look on page 13 in Dories book.

No comments: