Saturday, November 1, 2008

Gimme S'More ..

smores

Its just that time of year. I find myself wanting smores everyday!

I dont know if its just the weather.. or because I can smell fireplaces all around our neighborhood.. or because I wish we were camping.. or just because its another excuse to eat sweets!

But I love smores.

smores

a while ago Adam & Camille came over for dinner.

Freeland & I decided it was time to whip out the graham crackers, mellows, and chocolate.

smores

We dont have an actual backyard where we can build a fire or have a fire pit .. so we always resort to using our grill.

It works great if you are in the same situation.

smores

We used our kabob sticks this time. We also use hangers sometimes.

But I really enjoy using a branch or a stick .. it just feels more like you are actually camping if you do it that way.

smores

Im more of a lightly roasted mellow.

Freeland lights his on fire and somehow gets the perfect roasted marshmallow without it being black or burned.

But I know some people are more of a light it on fire and get it as crispy as possible. That works too.

smores

I have also noticed that I tend to eat half of the marshmallows while Im waiting for other people warm theirs up.

I think its my favorite part of doing smores.

Happy Fall.

*Note.. once winter kicks into full swing.. dont worry! I plan on doing smore cupcakes or the Inside Out Smores since we wont be hanging out on the porch like we used to.

No comments: