Tuesday, November 4, 2008

{twd} Rugelach

IMG_8706

This was one of those weeks that I thought I would skip taking part in Tuesdays with Dorie because it didnt look like something I would like. It also looked like it was going to be hard.. before I looked at the recipe.

Then I remembered - thats why I started this whole thing - to branch out and make things I normally wouldnt try. So I decided that I had to go ahead and try it out.

Im glad I did. There is something rewarding about trying new things.

The Regelach was picked by Piggy's Cooking. To see the recipe click here.

IMG_8704

The dough was very easy and came together very quickly. The filling was just as easy too. It seemed as though everything was coming together perfect.

Until I put these little goodies in the oven. The best way I know how to describe it is - they were no longer pretty. The filling ran all over the place and they were pretty flat too. (I think I rolled the dough too thin) The good news is, I guess that didnt matter! They were still pretty good.

Freeland and I came to the conclusion that they finish off better than they start. At first they taste sort of plain.. but they finish really well. He said they were just a good the next day too.

So, if youre looking to try something new.. I recommend this.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

They look wonderful in the pictures. I think they were really tasty and everyone enjoyed them. Good job!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Congratulations on stepping out of your comfort zone and trying them!

The filling does tend to run out -- and they do flatten out as they bake. Still yummy!

Christo Gonzales said...

this is the shizzle my nizzles...wow