Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My favorite cookie: Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Rounds

favorite cookies

This is our most favorite cookie in the world.

I make them all the time... and for pretty much everything we do. The first time I had these a friend brought them to our house. I ended up eating pretty much the entire plate all myself! Thats when I knew it was a recipe I was going to become very familiar with.

favorite cookies

These are the perfect mix of chocolate, peanut butter, oatmeal, and yummy-ness all in one.

My favorite thing is the recipe makes a bunch of cookies. So I always make the entire recipe and then put half of it in the freezer.. for those times that you have random guests over, or when you forget dessert, or when its been one of those days and you just want to eat something sweet.

Oh and the dough - I could just eat the entire bowl of dough itself.

favorite cookies

So without further ado - here is our most favorite cookie in the world.

Peanut butter-oatmeal rounds
from the bh&g cookbook

Ingredients:

  • 3/4 cup butter, softened (make sure its really soft or the cookies wont be as yummy)
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 cups rolled oats
  • 1 cup chopped cocktail peanuts or semi-sweet chocolate pieces (i use the chocolate chips)

Directions:

  1. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and peanut butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed about 30 seconds or until combined.
  2. Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
  3. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Stir in rolled oats and peanuts.
  4. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake in a 375-degree oven about 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
  5. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.

*Makes about 48 heavenly cookies
*Ive used all natural peanut butter from our local store before & I dont think they turned out as good. So I always use Peter Pan or the other store bought brands
*Like I noted above, make sure the butter is softened before starting. If not the PB and butter dont mix as well .. or you will end up over beating .. and the cookies will either be flat or harder than they are supposed to be.

No comments: